Children at this age are easy to be affected by smoking, drinking and drugs etc. due to their unstable mood. Here are some safety tips.
- Car safety, teach the teenager about the importance of wearing seatbelts.
- Ask teenager to wear a helmet when riding a bike and be careful of traffic.
- Talk and discuss with the teenager about the danger of smoking, drinking and drugs.
- Teach the teenager how to handle unsafe situations, such as emergencies, fire, drugs, etc.
- Whenever the teenager goes outside alone, parents need to know how to contact to him.
- Talk to the teenager about school life often.
- Encourage the teenager to make friends with the children who behave well and love to learn.
- Meet the teenager’s friends.
- Teach the teenager about good nutrition to meet his rapid growing, while avoid eating disordering.
- Encourage the teenager to get physical exercise, which help him to be healthy physically and in positive mood.
- Respect the teenager’s opinion and understand his thoughts and feelings.
- Allow the teenager to argue with parents, however, when he is not calm, remind him to calm down, guide him to a good self-control.
- Guide the teenager to make his own decisions properly.
- Respect the teenager’s need for privacy.
This weekend I found an online interesting resource, which has fun games, ABC song, animal identify game(let the kid chose the right animal by its sound), color the picture etc. My 3-year-old daughter really enjoyed them so much, and even did not want to go to bed. At first, I sat with my daughter, showed her how to do it, then let her play with the mouse. We learnt counting 1-5, letters “A”,”B”,”C” and painting with 5 colors. This is my first time using this kind of online program I do feel it is for “play and learn” , which meets little kids’ needs, and I had fun too.
I want to share with all of you. The good link is for infants, toddlers and preschools. Enjoy with your kids!
Free Online Play & Learn game for infants,toddlers and preschoolers
The early years of a child’s life are crucial for physical, cognitive, emotional and social development. Therefore, it is very important that we take every step necessary to ensure that children grow up in environments where their physical, emotional, social, and educational needs are met.
Children grow, develop, and learn throughout their lives from birth to adulthood. A child’s development can be measured through physical, cognitive and social developmental milestones. If children fail to develop properly they may be unable to reach their full potential. Children who grow up in environments where their developmental needs are not met are at a high risk for health and safety, and learning and developmental delays.
We as parents definitely need to invest time and resources on the health care, and education systems during children’s years, which have effects on their whole life. Therefore, it is in the public’s interest especially, parents’ to ensure that children develop in safe, loving, and secure environments.
What is child development? How can parents prevent developmental delays? What are important developmental milestones? How can parents help to improve child developmental outcomes? Let’s discuss these questions parents asked and find the answers.