Children at this age are easy to be affected by smoking, drinking and drugs etc. due to their unstable mood. Here are some safety tips.
- Car safety, teach the teenager about the importance of wearing seatbelts.
- Ask teenager to wear a helmet when riding a bike and be careful of traffic.
- Talk and discuss with the teenager about the danger of smoking, drinking and drugs.
- Teach the teenager how to handle unsafe situations, such as emergencies, fire, drugs, etc.
- Whenever the teenager goes outside alone, parents need to know how to contact to him.
- Talk to the teenager about school life often.
- Encourage the teenager to make friends with the children who behave well and love to learn.
- Meet the teenager’s friends.
- Teach the teenager about good nutrition to meet his rapid growing, while avoid eating disordering.
- Encourage the teenager to get physical exercise, which help him to be healthy physically and in positive mood.
- Respect the teenager’s opinion and understand his thoughts and feelings.
- Allow the teenager to argue with parents, however, when he is not calm, remind him to calm down, guide him to a good self-control.
- Guide the teenager to make his own decisions properly.
- Respect the teenager’s need for privacy.