Parenting Tips for Raising Healthy Happy and Successful Children.
- Follow the family rules set for kids internet use.
- Never reveal and never trade personal information, such as name, address, phone number, photographs or school name or location. Use an online screen name.
- Never agree to meet any “online friend” in person. Explain that online friends may not be who they say they are.
- Trust their instincts, always tell a parent about any communication that was scary, and never respond to a threatening email or message.
- Teach kids that on the Internet, the virtual world is the same as real life. For example, not everything they read or see online is true.
- Respect the property of others online. Explain that making illegal copies is just like stealing things from a store.